Wednesday, 30 May 2012
This evening I checked-out the local fen again. I wanted to know the state of the Cottongrass (is it still flowering?) and to look for a nice viewpoint for a wide-angle exposure? The weather was nothing spectacular (no wind, no clouds, no mist, just a plain peaceful sunset), so I left my photo gear in my bag. But when I was about to go home these round wonderful eyes of a Green Frog (Rana esculenta/Groene Kikker) just above the water surface stared at me ...so I quickly mounted my macro lens to the camera. It looks like the water is covered with a metal membrane. Beauty is in so many things that are just around us all the time, you only have to lallygag and open up a bit to see it.
* Canon EOS 5D Mark II with 100mm/f2.8; ISO-400, f6.3, 1/60s; +0.7 stop; hand held.
Sunday, 20 May 2012
* Canon EOS 5D Mark II with 500mm/f4.0; ISO-800, f8.0, 1/200s; from tripod.
Thursday, 17 May 2012
Note that these photos are made at the very same spot as the one of May 13th 2012! The photo of myself, doing what I by far most like, is made by Andrew.
* Canon EOS 5D Mark II with 17-40mm/f4 @ 17mm; ISO-100, f16, 1/6s; -0.7 stop; 3 stop ND soft gradient filter; from tripod.
* Canon EOS 5D Mark II with 100mm/f2.8; ISO-100, f5.6, 1/200s; hand held.
* Nikon D700 with Nikkor 70-200mm/f2.8 @ 70mm; ISO-200, f3.5, 1/8000s; -0.7 stop; hand held.
Sunday, 13 May 2012
* Canon EOS 5D Mark II with 17-40mm/f4 @ 19mm; ISO-100, f16, 1/4s; polarization and 3 stop ND soft gradient filter; from tripod.
Thursday, 10 May 2012
* Canon EOS 5D Mark II with 17-40mm/f4 @ 17mm; ISO-100, f11, 30s; fader @ 7 stops; from tripod.