Friday 2 September 2011

Surrounded by curious cows

Last weeks I spent many hour’s lying on the ground covered with a camouflage cloth hoping for close encounters with Snipes (Gallinago gallinago/Watersnip). Until now no success. But today I was rewarded with this beautiful Shoveler (Anas clypeata/Slobeend).
I suspect that it is a juvenile bird, because the feathers are very fresh.
When I wanted to get up and go home I found myself surrounded by grazing cows. When they noticed something strange that was raising in the bog, they even ran towards me and surrounded me, curious as they are. A serious drawback of this location.

* Canon EOS 7D with 500mm/f4 IS and 1.4x; ISO-400, f6.3, 1/1000s; from bean bag.

1 comment:

Robert Wagter said...

Prachtig belichte opname vanuit een perfect laag standpunt. Geduld beloont dus. Nu de watersnippen nog.

Groeten,
Robert