Saturday 4 February 2012

The next morning

Snow yesterday evening and temperatures that have plummeted tonight to a historic low value of -19⁰C. These are the ingredients for a beautiful photogenic world. I chose to go for the sunrise to the nearby lowland stream “Kleine Dommel”. Here is one of the many pictures I made. When you compare this to the post of January 2009 you can see that this time the river is almost frozen.
Later that day I had parental duties. Me daughter Evelien phoned me; she got stuck at railway station “Utrecht CS” together with more than 1000 travellers. No trains arrived or got out, so I decided to pick her up. That is also part of the Dutch winter!

* Canon EOS 5D Mark II with 17-40mm/f4 @ 32mm; ISO-800, f13, 1/60s, +0.7 stop; polarization filter, hand held.

No comments: