Friday 25 January 2013

Beautiful Bewick

I like Bewick’s Swans (Cygnus bewickii/Kleine Zwaan); for me they symbolize serenity and purity. It was a fortunate afternoon; the light was beautifully dimmed and bluish, and a large group (± 200) was not far out on the field (usually they forage in the middle of a huge grassland). May be because the snow cover was thinner on this edge of the field, I don’t know. Anyway, I could park the car on a small and icy blind road and they did not bother at all. Even better, I could get out of the car on the other site and make low POV photos with my telephoto lens on the ground. Luckily my car is high enough on its wheels to shoot underneath it.

* Canon EOS 7D, 500mm/f4.0; ISO-400, f5.6, 1/1250s; +0.7 stop; beanbag.
* Canon EOS 7D, 500mm/f4.0; ISO-400, f5.6, 1/1250s; +0.7 stop; beanbag.

2 comments:

Helma said...

En ook de wilde zwanen willen bij mij gewoon niet lukken. Prachtige foto's overigens.

Groetjes, Helma

Tim Cray said...

Really great pictures! i like the angles you made to capture these pics and a nice lesson to those who want to learn about photography.
Stock fotografie