Saturday 3 October 2015

Black watchers and white angel

I was entirely in the flow at the Strabrechtse Heide this morning. The light was great. After a short encounter with Scottish Highland Cattle in the dark I photographed these characteristic pine tree silhouettes in the blue hour followed by a great session with a Great White Egret (Ardea alba/Grote Zilverreiger). He or she was solemnly wading in the water surrounded by the void. Again I went by bike. This way my reach is wider and I can move faster than on foot. And above all, it is really an excellent way to experience quietness and get into the flow.

* Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 16-35mm/f4 @ 19mm; ISO-200, f13, 1.3s; +1 stop; ND3 hard gradient filter; tripod.
* Canon EOS 7D, 500mm/f4; ISO-400, f5.6, 1/800s; +0.3 stop; tripod.

No comments: