Sunday 7 February 2016

Foss day

Yesterday in the late afternoon I set foot on Iceland for the first time in my life! We (my brother Mathieu and his son Stan) landed on Keflavík, and drove up to our AirBNB address in Laugarvatn. Today we first visited the intimate Bruarfoss waterfall (foss means waterfall). It is a bit difficult to find. But what a beauty, I wish I had spent more time here (I definitely do that next time when I visit Iceland!). Next we headed to a touristic Geysir (with the famous geyser Strokkur, erupting to heights of up to 30m every few minutes) and moved on to a very windy Gullfoss winter wonderland. We were very lucky with the overcast weather of today. It added to black-and-white winter scenery.

* Canon EOS 5D Mark III, 70-200mm/f2.8 @ 85 mm; ISO-200, f16, 1/8s; +0.7 stop; tripod.
* Canon EOS 5D Mark III, 70-200mm/f2.8 @ 125 mm; ISO-100, f14, 1/30s; +1.3 stop; tripod.

No comments: